纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 19 课: It's so cold out today, 今天外面那么冷

Holly: I just got back from a second-hand shop. Wanna see what I got? 我刚从二手货店回来。想要瞧瞧我买了些什么吗?

Yi-jun: Why did you buy a long blonde wig? Are you dressing up? 你为什么要买金色的长假发?要扮装吗?

Holly: Yes, and so are you. We're going to throw a Halloween party. 对,你也要扮装。我们要举办一场万圣节派对。

Yi-jun: But I don't have a costume. What are you going to be? 但是我没有戏服。你要打扮成什么?

Holly: [Looking very serious] If I told you, I'd have to kill you. [laughing] (一脸正经)如果我告诉你,我就必须杀了你。(笑)

Yi-jun: You dork. I thought Halloween was more of a kid's holiday. 你这呆瓜。我还以为万圣节比较像是小朋友的节日。

Holly: Let the kids have all the fun? No way! It's for everyone, and it's the best holiday all year. 让那些小孩子独享所有的乐趣?才不呢!这是属于大家的,这是整年最棒的节日。

Holly: Yi-jun, are you ready to head out? 怡君,准备好要出门了吗?

Yi-jun: Where? It's so cold out today, I was going to curl up and read a book. 去哪?今天外面那么冷,我本来想缩在家里,好读本书呢。

Holly: Cancel that. Tomorrow's the fall carnival at my cousin's school, remember? We said we'd help them get set up. 打消主意吧。明天是我表妹学校的秋季园游会,记得吧?我们说好要去帮忙布置的。

Yi-jun: I thought Halloween wasn't until next week. 我还以为万圣节下个星期才到呢。

Holly: True, but this is only half to do with Halloween. It's also for celebrating the coming of fall. :的确,但是这只算一半跟万圣节有关。它也是要庆祝秋天来临。

Yi-jun: Yeah? I wonder if it'll be anything like our mid-autumn festival in Taiwan. 真的?我好奇这会不会像我们台湾的中秋节。