纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 38 课: I think I can do it successfully! 我觉得我可以做得很好

Jin: Well, I could open more than one store if all goes well. 嗯,如果一切顺利,我可以多开几家店。

Rick: That would return your investment quicker. But the killer will be the royalties. 那样你的投资会比较快回本。但最要命的是权利金。

Jin: That is a big downside. How should I look at this from a legal aspect? 那是一大负面因素。我该如何就法律层面看这件事?

Rick: You'll have to hire an attorney, a business consultant and an accountant with franchising experience. 你要去请一位律师、一位营业顾问,和一位有授权经验的会计师。

Jin: That'd be smart. Who pays for advertising? 那样做比较聪明。哪一方该付广告费?

Rick: That's for you and the franchiser to work out in a contract, but usually they help. 那要看你跟授权者的合约怎么谈,但授权者往往会给予协助。

Jin: The franchising contracts are quite strict, aren't they? 一般授权合约都会相当严苛,不是吗?

Rick: Yes, very. But you'll be provided operating support and maybe even financial support to get stared. 的确很严苛。但你会得到营运上的协助,甚至可能是草创时期财务方面的协助。

Jin: I hope I can handle the loss of freedom from a contract. 希望我受得了合约的绑手绑脚。

Rick: That's what you get for minimizing your risks of failure by being a franchisee. 获得经销权的人就是要那样,才能把失败的风险最小化。

Jin: I think I can do it successfully! 我觉得我可以做得很好!

Rick: I'm sure an international expansion will appeal to the owner. 我相信海外扩张会很吸引这位老板。

Jin: Good! So, tell me more about Philadelphia. What makes this city tick? 那就好!那么,多跟我谈谈费城吧。是什么让这个城市如此特别?