纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 4 课: You have to speak louder. 你得讲大声一点

Wei: The speaker at this drive-thru is so scratchy. I can barely understand it. 这家得来速的对讲机一直有沙沙声。我几乎都听不懂里面在说什么。

Paul: You have to speak louder. 你得讲大声一点。

Wei: OK. [in a loud voice] WE'LL HAVE THREE VALUE MEALS. 好。(大声地说)我们要三个超值餐。

Paul: Good lord, not that loud. You'll burst my eardrums. 天啊,不用那么大声。你会把我的耳膜给震破。

Wei: Sorry. But I have to order this food somehow. 对不起。但我得设法点菜。

Paul: They still didn't hear you. Let me try. [leans over Wei] WE'LL HAVE THREE... 他们还是听不见你的声音。让我试一试。(靠向小薇)我们要三个……

Wei: Hey, our order is ready. 嘿,我们点的餐好了。

Paul: Oh. I guess they heard you, after all. 哇。我猜他们还是有听见你点餐。

Trev: [Takes a bite] Mmm. This hamburger put me in a good mood. (咬一口)嗯。这个汉堡让我的心情好了起来。

Wei: I'm glad you feel better. 很高兴你的心情变好了。

Trev: Actually, I wasn't really that down in the first place. 其实,我心情本来就没那么坏。

Wei: It's good that owner was nice.好险那个老板人不错。

Trev: I agree. And she sure has good music taste. 没错。而且她的的音乐品味的确不错。

Wei: So, when we get to Las Vegas, what are you going to do? 那,我们到拉斯韦加斯时,你要做些什么?

Trev: I'm goin' to go buy an Elvis suit and gamble at casinos in it. 我要买一套猫王装,然后穿着那身行头在赌城赌博。

Wei: Oh, God. I thought you learned your lesson at the drive-in. 噢,我的天。我还以为你在停车场餐厅已经学到教训了。