纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 41 课: Sounds like you're a natural. 听来你天生就会了

Nell: Dad bought them for me. And these, too. They're slimy plastic toads! 爸爸买给我的。这些也是。它们是黏黏的塑料蟾蜍!

Holly: Ew! Uh, I think you should flash those at anyone who tries to give junk candy. 呦!嗯,我想你该把这些秀给要拿些垃圾糖果给你的人。

Nell: Hah! This will be so much fun. This costume's much cooler than the pink ballerina costume mom made last year. 哈!这一定会很好玩。这套服装比妈妈去年做给我的粉红色芭蕾舞衣酷多了。

Holly: Yeah, but you need a witch's laugh. Try this-Yiyahahaha! 对呀,但是你需要来个巫婆的笑声。试试看这个——咦呀哈哈哈!

Nell: Or this “I'll get you, my pretty! Wahahhaha!” 或是这个‘我会逮到你的,可人儿!哇哈哈哈!’

Holly: Sounds like you're a natural. [to Yi-jun] Sure you don't want to go out trick or treating? 听来你天生就会了。(对怡君)确定你不想要去外面玩不给糖就捣蛋吗?

Yi-jun: Naw, I'll stay here. I turned on our hall light, so the trick-or-treaters know we've got candy. [After Holly and her cousin leave, the doorbell rings] 不了,我留下来好了。我有打开走廊灯,好让那些玩不给糖就捣蛋的人知道我们有糖果。(荷莉和她表妹离开后,门铃响)

Kid: Trick or treat, smell our feet, give us something good to eat. 不给糖就捣蛋,闻闻我们的臭脚丫,拿些好东西来给我们吃。

Yi-jun: [Handing out candy] Wow, what great costumes. What are you? (发糖果)哇,真棒的服装。你是谁啊?

Kid 1:I'm a spaceman. See, this is my helmet! Thanks for the candy, ma’am. 我是航天员。看,这是我的头盔!谢谢你的糖果,女士。

Kid 2: I'm a frog, and my little sister here is a ballerina. 我是青蛙,我这个小妹是一个芭蕾舞女孩。

Yi-jun: Well, I won't keep you. I know you have a lot more doors to hit. 呃,我不耽搁你们了。我知道你们还要造访很多家。