纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 49 课: That's what I was expecting. 我原本的期望也就是如此

Pat Jr.: Hmm, I've talked about this with Rick before. Sounds interesting. 嗯,我跟瑞克之前谈过这件事。听起来挺有意思的。

Jin: I'm confident the expansion will succeed. 我相信这样的扩张计划会成功。

Pat Jr.: This would be a big step for us. Presently, we only operate on the East Coast. 这对我们来说,会是向前跨越了一大步。到目前为止,我们只在美国东岸开店。

Jin: Cheese steak would be a novelty in Taiwan. I think it'd be a hit! 起司牛排三明治在台湾会是新玩意儿。我觉得它会一炮而红!

Pat Jr.: Just to let you know, I only help with a portion of the start-up costs for my franchises. 要先提醒你,我对代理商只提供小部分的创业费用。

Jin: That's what I was expecting. 我原本的期望也就是如此。

Pat Jr.: Let me sleep on this for a few days before I give you an answer. 在给你答复之前,先让我考虑几天。

Rick: Do you think things went OK? 你觉得进行得顺利吗?

Jin: I don't know. He seemed busy and not too excited about the idea. 不知道。他似乎很忙,也对这个想法不太起劲。

Rick: It's out of your hands. Let's wait to see what happens. 这不是你能控制的事。咱们就静观其变吧。

Jin: Maybe Taiwan is too far away? 或许台湾太遥远了?

Rick: Let's not worry about it now. We still have things to check out here in Fluffya! 现在先别担心这个了。 ‘惠城’还一堆东西等着我们去看呢!

Jin: Fluffya? What's that? ‘惠城’?那是啥?

Rick: That's our local slang for Philadelphia. Or you can just say “Fill Uff Ya!” 那是我们这里的俚语,表示 ‘费城’。或是你要说 ‘惠层’也行!