纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 61 课: Just let them fight it out. 让他们吵出个结果

Paula: Mike is being ridiculous. I have to stop this. 麦克越来越荒谬了。我得阻止这件事。

Ivy: No. Just let them fight it out. 不要。让他们吵出个结果。

Paula: We don't have time for all this arguing. 我们没有时间这样吵个不停了。

Ivy: I don't like this. I know it was Mike's idea, but he's doing a crappy job as a director. 我不喜欢这样。我知道这原是麦克的点子,可是他是个很烂的导演。

Paula: Let's go tell them what we think. 我们去跟他们说我们的想法。

Ivy: OK. But I don't want to take sides. 好。不过我可不想选边站。

Paula: I do. I'm on Gary's side all the way. 我会。我从头到尾都站在盖瑞那边。

Ivy: Let's just try to get this play done. 我们还是快把这出话剧搞定吧 。

Paula: Mike, I have something to say. 麦克,我有话要说。

Mike: What's on your mind, Paula? 你想说什么,葆拉?

Paula: I think Gary should be the director. 我觉得盖瑞应该当导演。

Mike: What? But I wrote the play! 什么?可是这出戏是我写的!

Paula: I know you wrote the play. But Gary's better at directing. 我知道是你写的。不过盖瑞对导演比较在行。

Mike: No way. That's only your opinion. 不行。这只是你个人的意见。

Paula: Mike, everybody agrees with me. 麦克,大家都和我意见一致。

Mike: If you want Gary as director, then I'm out of the play. 如果你们要盖瑞当导演,那我就退出这出话剧。

Paula: Don't be that way! 别那样嘛!

Mike: And if I'm out, you can't use my story. 还有如果我退出,你们也不能用我的故事。