纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 66 课: That's the last of the bags. 那是最后一袋了

Gimi: Holly, this is the fifth store we've been to! 荷莉,这是我们到的第五家店了!

Holly:I know, but I have to get just the right ingredients. Otherwise, things will taste wrong. 我知道,但是我一定要买到正确的材料。否则,东西的味道就不对了。

Gimi: Do you always make such a big deal out of Thanksgiving? 你感恩节都这么大费周章吗?

Holly: No, in fact, this will be my first turkey dinner. But the idea behind the
holiday is a good one. 不,实际上,这将会是我第一次做火鸡晚餐。但是这节日背后的概念不错。

Gimi: You mean about the Indians and the Pilgrims helping one another? 你是说印地安人和五月花号的清教徒互相帮忙吗?

Holly: Hah! No, not really. But the whole idea of giving thanks, for the things you have, the people who have helped you... 哈!不,不尽然。但是这概念是表达感谢给你所拥有的东西、帮助过你的人……

Gimi: That's the last of the bags. Holly, I need to talk to you. 那是最后一袋了。荷莉,我需要跟你谈谈。

Holly: Uh-oh, that sounds serious. What's up? 不妙,那听来真严肃。怎么了?

Gimi: Well, you knew I would leave after I finished that fall leaves layout... 呃,你知道我完成秋叶取景后就要离开了……

Holly:...oh no, it's that time already? I'm losing both of you guys at once? I think I'm going to cry. ……喔,不,时候已经到了吗?我一次要失去你们两个?我想我要哭了。

Gimi: Oh, Holly, dating you these last few months has been...well it's been wonderful. 喔,荷莉,和你约会的这几个月真是……非常美好。

Holly: [Crying] Yeah, it has been. (哭)对呀,的确如此。

Gimi: So, there's something I want to ask you... 所以,有样事情我想要问你……