纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 68 课: What a prime spot! 真是个好位置啊

Yi-jun: What a prime spot! I've never seen balloons this big! 真是个好位置啊!我从没看过这么大的汽球!

Taylor: This parade is about eighty years old. It's a New York tradition. 这场游行已经办了将近八十年。这是纽约的传统。

Yi-jun: Is that Santa Claus on that float? Isn't Christmas still a month away? 那辆花车上的是圣诞老人吗?距离圣诞节不是还有一个月?

Taylor: Hah, yeah, that's true. But, Macy's is a department store, so they want to get you thinking of Christmas early. 哈,是啊,的确。但是梅西是间百货公司,所以他们希望让人早点想到圣诞节。

Yi-jun: So you'll shop? That's crazy! 这样才会购物?真夸张!

Taylor: Yeah, and remember Holly's dad? He's probably already got his Christmas lights up! 是啊,还记得荷莉的爸爸吗?他或许已经在挂他的圣诞灯了!

Yi-jun: Speaking of Holly, shouldn't we head back to help? 说到荷莉,我们不是该回去帮忙吗?

Holly: The turkey's stuffed and has been cooking for about three hours. 火鸡填好作料并烹调三小时左右了。

Yi-jun: OK, and that's asparagus and that's cranberry sauce, but what's that? 好,那是芦笋,那是小红梅酱,但那是啥?

Holly: Candied yams. With lots of butter and brown sugar and marshmallows on top. 蜜番薯。上面盖满许多奶油、红糖和棉棉糖。

Yi-jun: Wow, you made a ham, too? Why is it covered with pineapple slices? 哇,你也做了一条火腿?为什么外皮要覆满菠萝片?

Holly: That's decoration. It's a honey ham with a sweet glaze. Those whole cloves are keeping the pineapples on the ham. 那是装饰。这是加上糖汁的蜜汁火腿。这么多丁香是为了让菠萝弄在火腿上。

Yi-jun: It all looks delicious, Holly. What can I do to help? 全都看起来好好吃,荷莉。我可以帮上什么忙呢?

Holly: Finish the deviled eggs. Then baste the turkey! 把芥末蛋弄完。然后在火鸡上涂肉汁。