纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 70 课: Let's catch a show first. 先看秀吧

Trev: I feel like a million bucks. Quick, let's get a drink. 我感觉超爽。快,我们去喝点饮料。

Paul: Let's catch a show first. 先看秀吧。

Trev: All right, But we're going out to spend some of this money later. 也好,不过待会我们要好好享受这些赢来的钱。

Paul: Let's go see Lord of the Dance at the Venetian. 我们去威尼斯看《舞王》。

Trev: Are you kidding?! No way! 开什么玩笑?!不要!

Paul: Why not. It looks great. 为什么不?看起来不错。

Trev: I don't want to go watch a bunch of Irish people prance around on stage. 我不想看一群爱尔兰人在舞台上跳来跳去。

Paul: Hey, don't knock 'em. They're great. 嘿,别乱说他们坏话。他们很棒。

Trev: Let's see what Wei wants to see. 我们问问小薇想看什么。

Wei: I want to see that Cirque du Soleil show called "O." 我要看太阳马戏团的秀《O》。

Paul: I like circuses. 我喜欢马戏团。

Wei: But this one's a bit different from what you're used to. 不过这个跟你平常看到的有点不一样。

Paul: I know. I'm from Canada, remember? 我知道。我是加拿大人,记得吗?

Wei: Oh, I forgot they're Canadian. 喔,我忘了他们是加拿大人。

Paul: French Canadian. They do really special shows. 法裔加拿大。他们有很特别的表演。

Wei: I've read their show is like an opera. 我看过报导他们的表演就像歌剧一样。

Paul: Yeah, it's like one poetic picture. 是啊,像诗一样的画面。

Wei: Settled. Let's go get some tickets. 决定了。我们去买票吧。

Paul: Trev, what do you think? 崔佛,你觉得怎样?