纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 77 课: Can I ride my bike when I get home? 我回到家还可以骑脚踏车吗?

Doctor: Oh my, Timmy. You have a bad cut on your leg. How did this happen? 天啊,提米。你腿上的伤口好严重。发生什么事了?

Timmy: I was riding my new bike that Mommy and Daddy got me for my birthday! 我在骑我的新脚踏车,那是爸妈给我的生日礼物!

Doctor: Oh. Now this may hurt a little, so I want you to be strong, OK? 喔。接下来这个可能会有点痛,我希望你要勇敢,好吗?

Timmy: OK. What are you gonna do? 好。你要干嘛?

Doctor: Well, your cut is deep. I need to put a thread through the skin to keep it together. 呃,你的伤口很深。我需要用一条线把皮肤合起来。

Timmy: Can I ride my bike when I get home? 我回到家还可以骑脚踏车吗?

Doctor: Sorry. No riding for one week. 抱歉。一个星期不可以骑脚踏车。

Timmy: It's been a week, Dad! I can ride my bicycle today, right? 爸,已经一个星期了!我今天可以骑脚踏车了,对不对?

Dad: Yes, but with training wheels. 对,但是要用辅助轮。

Timmy: OK. But when I get really good at riding, can I take the training wheels off? 好。但是等到我变得很会骑时,我可以把辅助轮拿掉吗?

Dad: Yes, if you practice a lot. Remember "Practice makes perfect!" 可以,如果你经常练习的话。要记住 ‘熟能生巧’!

Timmy: I'm gonna practice every day of my life! 我这辈子要每天都练习!

Dad: Ha! If you practice that much, you can join the Tour de France! 哈!如果你练得那么勤,你就可以参加环法自由车公开赛了!

Timmy: What's that? 那是什么啊?