纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 89 课: Sounds like a no-brainer. 听起来是很容易的事

Candy: Sounds like a no-brainer. I'll take the sunshine! 听起来是很容易的事。我选有阳光的!

Ian: Are you sure you don't also want to consider any other differences? I thought you liked the East Coast. 你确定你不再考虑其它的差异处了?我还以为你喜欢东岸。

Candy: Aren't they both state schools? What else does it matter? 它们不都是州立学校吗?那还有什么重要的呢?

Ian: Well, they both offer full-time programs, and you can also enroll in classes in different departments. 呃,它们都提供全天课程,你还可以去别的学院注册上课。

Candy: Me? Take extra classes? Yeah, right! Which state has better coffee? 我吗?修额外的课?最好是!哪一个州的咖啡比较好喝?

Ian: California, most likely. 加州,最有可能。

Candy: Wherever I go, I want to live off-campus. Dormitories are so scary. 无论我去哪,我都要住在校外。宿舍很可怕耶。

Ian: They're much nicer in the States. [reads materials] You have a choice between an international students’ dormitory or an on-campus apartment. 在美国的学生宿舍好多了。(读数据)你可以二选一,国际学生宿舍或是校内公寓。

Candy: But is it mandatory to live on campus? I don't want roommates. 但是住在校园里是强制的吗?我不要有室友。

Ian: It's not mandatory, no. But you can probably get a single since you're a grad student. 这没有一定的,没有。但既然你是研究所学生,你也许可以有单人房。

Candy: I could also go stay in a hotel first and then find a place, right? 我也可以先在旅馆待一阵子再找地方,对吧?

Ian: Yes, but I think staying on campus is better at first, even though it may be a little more expensive. You'll find your way around and won't need to get a car. 对,但我认为你先住校园里比较好,尽管有可能会贵了点。你会认识那里的环境,而且不需要去弄一部车来。

Candy: But I want to drive! How long would I need to stay on campus? 但是我想要开车!我需要在校园里待多久?

Ian: This contract says one year. You can pay it all up front, or in monthly
installments. You can always move out early, but there would be a financial penalty. 这个合约写一年。你可以先付清,或是按月分期。你随时都能提早搬出去,但会有罚金要付。