纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 9 课: I'm going to get some clam chowder. 我要点蛤蛎浓汤

David: What do you want to do now? 你现在想做什么?

Kevin: Bask in the warm glow of success. 沉浸在成功的温暖光辉里。

David: Maybe we can go visit one of the islands across Puget Sound. 或许我们可以到普吉湾另一边的一座岛上走走。

Kevin: That sounds good. I always liked those quaint little towns over there. 听起来不错。我一直很喜欢那里的古朴小镇。

David: What do you want to order? 你想点些什么?

Kevin: The Alaskan King Crab looks nice. 阿拉斯加帝王蟹看起来不错。

David: I'm going to get some clam chowder. 我要点蛤蛎浓汤。

Kevin: [Sitting back in his seat, sighs] Look at Mt. Rainier. (倒进椅背,叹一口气)你看看雷尼尔山。

David: It's such a clear day. The mountain looks so beautiful. 今天天气真是晴朗。这座山看起来好漂亮。

Kevin: Remember, if you make it to Taiwan, you have a place to stay. 记着,如果到了台湾,你有一个地方可以住。

David: Ditto. I'll clear off a section of floor for you where the dog sleeps. 你也是。我会把狗睡觉的那块地板清理给你。

Kevin: You're gonna make me sleep with the dog? 我要我跟狗一起睡觉?

David: You know I'm just kidding. 你知道我在开玩笑嘛。

Kevin: Because I was thinking, my house is close to the zoo. Maybe you'll be more comfortable sleeping there. 因为我才在想,我家离动物园很近。或许你睡那里会比较舒服。

David: Why, I oughta.... 哇咧,我真该……

Kevin: Seriously now. It's been just like old times. 说正经的。现在真像过去的那段日子。

David: See you when you get back. 等你回来再见面啰。