纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 92 课: You're in great shape, though. 不过你身材很好

AR. A: Welcome, sports fans, to our WNBA preseason program! 欢迎各位运动迷收看我们WNBA的季前表演!

AR. B: Have we got a surprise for you! Tonight we'll draw one lucky young lady's name from the studio audience from this box... 我们有份惊喜要给你们!今晚我们要从这个箱子里,抽出现场观众一位幸运女士的大名……

AR. A: ...and turn her into a professional basketball player! ……然后把她变成一位专业篮球选手!

AR. B: Can't be done, you say? Takes years of dedication, you say? 你们会说这不可能,是吧?会说这要花好几年的苦练,是吧?

AR. A: That may be true, but she'll have the best women's players and coaches working with her to make it happen. 或许没错,但是她会有最好的女球员和教练陪她一起练球,让一切成真。

AR. B: And now for our winner. [pulls out name] Laurie Lin, come on down! 现在来看看得奖者是谁?(抽出名字)林萝莉,快请下来吧!

Laurie: I...I can't play basketball. 我……我不会打篮球。

AR. A: You're in great shape, though. That's a big bonus, Laurie. 不过你身材很好。那可一大利多呢,萝莉。

Laurie: Well, I rock climb and play badminton, but...I know nothing about basketball. I'm just here with some friends. 呃,我有在攀岩和打羽毛球,但是……我对篮球一窍不通。我只是陪一些朋友来这里而已。

AR. A: Today's your lucky day. Complete one month of our basketball boot camp, and we'll give you a hundred thousand dollars! 今天是你的幸运日。完成我们一个月的篮球魔鬼训练营,我们就会给你十万块美金!

Laurie: A hundred thousand dollars! Oh, my God! I'll do it! 十万块美金!喔,天啊!我要参加!

AR. A: That's the spirit! Just one thing. To get your money, you have to play a full forty-minute game! 这就对了!只有一点要注意。你得要打满四十分钟的比赛才能拿到钱!