纽约英语口语网新版
加路连英语口语
第 99 课: That one looks like a gas hog. 这辆看起来很耗油

Paul: Hey, guys. You look awful! 嗨,各位。你看起来糟透了!

Trev: I feel worse than I look. 我实际上比外表更糟。

Paul: I found the perfect car. 我找到一辆完美的车。

Trev: I hope it has muscle. 我希望它的马力够大。

Paul: Better than that. It's reliable. 比那更好。它很可靠。

Trev: Sounds like my grandma's car. 听起来像是我奶奶的车。

Paul: And it gets really good gas mileage. Here it is. A Geo Metro. 而且它真的很省油。就是这辆。吉优的都会。

Trev: That thing looks like a go-cart. 那玩意看起来好像玩具车。

Paul: It's the cheapest car here. It never breaks down, and it's easy to park. 这是这里最便宜的车。绝不故障又好停车。

Trev:Come on! We're on vacation. We need something more fun than that. 拜托!我们在度假耶。我们需要比那更有趣的东西。

Paul: OK, speed demon, which car do you want. 好吧,速度怪兽,你想要那一辆。

Trev: This one! [points at a fast-looking car] 这辆!(指着一台看起来很快的车)

Paul: That one looks like a gas hog. 这辆看起来很耗油。

Trev: Ford Mustang, baby! It's one of the fastest cars around. 福特野马,宝贝!这是这里最快的车子之一。

Paul: If we get that, you'll kill us for sure. 我们要是租那辆,你一定会把我们害死的。

Trev: No way. I'm a great driver. 不会。我是个很好的驾驶。

Paul: Aren't the police really strict about speed limits in the States? 美国警察不是都严厉执行速限规定吗?

Trev: No problem. We can get Wei to sweet-talk them. 没问题。我们可以叫小薇跟他们撒娇。