纽约英语口语网新版
初到加国口语
第 30 课:Problems Encountered When Changing Cultures 面 对 陌 生 文 化 -1

A: Tell me some of the problems you found due to the differences between our culture and yours. 请 跟 我 说 一 说 由 于 我 们 两 国 文 化 不 同 你 所 遇 到 的 问 题。

B: The first problem is the language. 首 先 是 语 言 问 题。

A: But you can speak English well. 可 你 的 英 语 讲 得 很 好 嘛。

B: Even so, it's difficult to start using it. You tend to forget simple things. 尽 管 如 此, 真 正 用 起 来 还 是 吃 力。 很 简 单 的 话 也 常 常 想 不 起 来 了。

A: This shows the importance of previous conversation classes. 这 说 明 你 当 初 学 过 的 口 语 课 还 是 很 重 要 的。

B: Yes. Besides I found it difficult to understand the accent and rapidity of speech. 对 的。 另 外, 我 还 发 现 在 听 别 人 讲 话 时, 在 口 音 和 语 速 上 还 有 些 困 难。

A: I think it's difficult to be thrown into a new milieu. 我 想 一 下 子 进 入 一 个 新 的 环 境, 的 确 是 很 困 难 的。

B: Well, I soon got used to having a conversation problem. The next thing was difficulty in finding accommodation. 不 管 怎 样, 对 于 英 语 会 话 问 题 我 还 是 很 快 就 适 应 了。 下 一 个 难 题 就 是 寻 找 住 处 了。

A: Do you think that's because you are Chinese? 你 是 不 是 认 为 你 是 中 国 人 的 缘 故。

B: Certainly. As soon as they saw my face, they often said the room was taken. 当 然 了。 人 家 一 见 我 的 面 孔 就 说 房 子 已 租 给 别 人 了。