纽约英语口语网新版
初到加国口语
第 35 课:Problems Encountered When Changing Cultures 面 对 陌 生 文 化-6

B: Is it common among foreigners? 这 对 外 国 人 来 说 普 遍 吗?

A: Yes, it is. It also happens to Canadian " out -of -towners". But we can do something about it. 是 的。 对 出 门 在 外 的 加 拿 大 人 来 说 也 是 如 此。 但 我 们 能 设 法 克 服。

B: I'll have to improve it or I might as well go back to China. 我 必 须 改 变 现 状, 否 则 还 不 如 回 到 中 国 去。

A: First, you work. If you have specific problems in understanding it, discuss it with your supervisor. 首 先, 你 投 入 工 作。 假 如 你 在 理 解 上 有 具 体 困 难, 那 就 同 你 的 导 师 讨 论。

B: It's not really that, it's simply that it seems to be never-ending. 实 际 上 还 不 是 这 个 问 题。 问 题 是 思 乡 之 情 总 是 萦 绕 在 我 脑海 里。

A: In that case, a good strategy is to set achievable daily and weekly objectives. This way you'll see chunks of work completed. 如 果 是 这 样 的 话, 最 好 的 方 法 是 给 自 己 制 定 切 实 可 行 的 日、 周 工 作 目 标。 这 样 你 可 以 亲 身 感 受 到 大 量 工 作 任 务 完 成 后 的 愉 悦。

B: That's good. I'd also see real progress towards completion of the whole term's work. 太 好 了。 这 样 我 便 会 看 到 全 学 期 任 务 完 成 前 的 真 正 进 展 情 况。

A: If you have no particular assignments, you could start a new topic, but not too big at first. 假 如 你 没 有 具 体 任 务, 你 满 可 以 着 手 一 个 新 课 题, 但 起 初 题 目 不 要 过 大。

B: Yes, something new would be a relief. Now I feel much better. Thank you very much. 是 的。 变 个 花 样 总 能 解 脱 一 下。 我 现 在 感 觉 好 多 了。 非 常 感 谢 你。

A: I hope I've helped. 我 希 望 我 的 话 对 你 有 所 帮 助。