纽约英语口语网新版
初到加国口语
第 41 课:Libraries 图 书 馆-2

B: How do I borrow it? 我 怎 么 办 理 借 书 手 续?

A: Take it to the circulation desk and show your I.D. card. 把 你 要 借 的 书 拿 到 流 通 部, 并 出 示 你 的 身 份 证。

B: According to the catalog, the library has the book I want, but I can't find it. 从 图 书 索 引 看, 图 书 馆 内 有 我 需 要 的 书, 可 我 找 不 到。

A: Perhaps it's in " Special Collections", " on reserve", or in the reference section. 也 许 该 书 在“ 特 殊 书 部”、“ 已 被 预 定” 或 在 参 考 书 部。

B: Ah, yes. I saw some notations about that. 噢, 对 了, 我 看 到 一 些 这 类 的 标 记。

A: They are stored in different places. 这 些 书 都 放 在 不 同 地 方。

B: What do you mean by " on reserve " ? “ 已 被 预 定” 是 什 么 意 思?

A: If a book is assigned for a class, the professor will " reserve " books for a limited period so that all his students will have access to them. 如 某 一 册 书 被 选 定 为 某 个 课 程 用 书, 该 教 授 先 将 此 书 预 定 一 段 时 间, 这 样 所 有 学 生 都 可 看 到 这 本 书 了。

B: That seems equitable. How long can I borrow a book for? 这 样 很 公 平。 一 本 书 可 借 阅 多 长 时 间?

A: It varies between libraries. Keep a check on this, because if you are late you will have to pay a fine. You may even lose your library privileges. 各 图 书 馆 不 一。 但 这 要 搞 清 楚, 因 为 过 期 要 罚 款 的, 你 很 可 能 还 会 失 去 借 阅 资 格。

B: Can I borrow books from a different library? 我 可 不 可 以 从 其 他 图 书 馆 借 书?

A: Generally you can if it's in the same university. Sometimes you can even borrow a book from a different university with your student card. 如 果 在 同 一 所 大 学, 一 般 是 可 以 的。 有 时 你 还 可 用 学 生 证 在 别 的 大 学 图 书 馆 借 书。