纽约英语口语网新版
轻松商务口语
第 47 课:Complaints - A Telephone Conversation-1

Linda: Good morning. Mr. Williams' office.早上好。这是威廉先生办公室。

Mr. Clark: I want to speak to Bob. Tell him it's Mr. Brown.我想找鲍勃。告诉他我是布朗。

Linda: I'm sorry, Mr. Williams is not available.对不起,威廉先生不在。

Mr. Clark: He's always out when I want him. When will he be back?我找他他老是不在。他什么时候回来?

Linda: Next Tuesday.下周二。

Mr. Clark: Well, tell him the goods I ordered four weeks ago still have not arrived. Your firm is very inefficient. I won't do business with you again.那好,你告诉他我四周前订的货现在还没有到。你们公司的效率太低了。我将不再跟你们做生意了。

Linda: I'm sorry, Mr. Brown. I'll...对不起,布朗先生。我将...

Mr. Brown: Being sorry is no good, you're as bad as the rest of them. I don't suppose you'll even pass on the message!对不起没用。你也象其他的人一样没用。我想你甚至不会传这个口信!

Linda: Mr. Brown, I've taken notes about everything you've said and...布朗先生,我已经把您的每一句话都记下来了,而且...

Mr. Brown: Tell Bob if I don't hear from him by Tuesday afternoon I'll sue him. (slams down the telephone)告诉鲍勃如果星期二我听不到他的电话,我就起诉他。 (砰然放下电话)

Do you think Mr. Brown was unreasonable? 你认为布朗先生的指责过分吗?

Mr. Clark: Could I speak to Mr. Williams please? This is Mr. Clark. 请威廉先生听电话,我是克莱克先生。

Linda: I'm sorry, Mr. Clark. Mr. Williams is away at a conference. 对不起,克莱克先生。威廉先生出去开会了。