纽约英语口语网新版
美国俚语
第 35 课: 字母I

I kid you not 我 不 骗 你
I kid you not. I saw this woman talking to her hand. 我 不 骗 你, 我 看 见 这 个 女 人 跟 她 的 手 说 话。

icky 因 太 过 甜 腻 而 难 吃
This cake tastes icky. Do I have to eat it? 这 蛋 糕 太 甜 了, 我 一 定 得 吃 吗?

in 流 行 [相 反 词 为 "out" (落 伍 了)]
You're the fashion expert. Are long or short skirts in this year? 你 是 流 行 专 家, 今 年 流 行 长 裙 还 是 短 裙?

in a bind 有 困 难
Next time you're in a bind, let me know and I'll be glad to help. 下 次 你 有 困 难 要 让 我 知 道, 我 会 乐 意 帮 你 的。

in hot water 有 麻 烦
Joe's in hot water with the boss because he's been late three times this week. 乔 在 老 板 那 里 有 麻 烦 了, 因 为 这 个 礼 拜 他 迟 到 了 三 次。

in the bag 志 在 必 得; 囊 中 物
This game is in the bag. There's no way we can lose. 这 场 比 赛 我 们 志 在 必 得, 怎 么 都 不 会 输 的。

in the cards 意 料 中 事
It's in the cards that Joy and Steve will get married soon. 乔 依 和 史 迪 文 很 快 就 会 结 婚 是 意 料 中 事。

in the doghouse 被 冷 藏, 打 入 冷 宫
Dan is in the doghouse for missing his curfew. 丹 因 为 违 反 宵 禁 而 被 关 押 。

in the driver's seat 掌 握 大 权
Tom is in the driver's seat. He makes all the decisions. 汤 姆 掌 握 大 权, 他 做 所 有 的 决 定。

iron out the kinks 解 决 小 问 题 [原 意 为 " 熨 平 小 皱 纹 "]
The contract will be ready to sign as soon as we iron out a few of the kinks. 我 们 把 一 些 小 问 题 解 决 之 后 就 可 以 签 约 了。

it's been real 很 高 兴 遇 见 你 [来 自 "It's been real nice to meet you"]
It's been real I hope we can get together again very soon. 很 高 兴 遇 见 你。 我 希 望 我 们 能 很 快 再 聚 会。