纽约英语口语网新版
美国俚语
第 9 课: 字母B-7

bogus 假 的.
This is a bogus five-dollar bill. 这 是 五 元 的 伪 钞。

bonehead 笨 蛋
Paula is a bonehead; she can't do anything right. 宝 拉 是 个 笨 蛋,她 什 么 事 都 做 不 对。

boo-boo 1.错 误 2. 伤 疤
1.Sorry, I made a boo-boo. 抱 歉,我 弄 错 了。
2. David got a boo-boo on his knee from falling off the swing. 大 卫 从 秋 千 跌 下 来,膝 盖 上 留 下 一 个 疤。

boob,the boob tube / the tube 电 视
She's watching the boob tube right now. 她 正 在 看 电 视。

boogie / booger 擤 鼻 涕
It's impolite to pick your nose and play with your boogers. 挖 鼻 孔 和 擤 鼻 涕 是 不 礼 貌 的。

book,by the book 照 规 矩 做
We're not going to skip any steps in this project. We're going to do everything strictly by the book. 这 件 事 我 们 不 会 省 略 任 何 步 骤,一 切 都 照 规 矩 做。

born loser 天 生 输 家;注 定 要 失 败 的 人 或 事; 扶 不 起 的 阿 斗
I feel sorry for Roger. No matter how hard he tries, he's just a born loser. 我 为 罗 杰 难 过,不 管 他 怎 么 努 力,就 是 不 行。

bottom line 总 之; 归 根 结 底
The bottom line is that our sales need to pick up if we're going to make a profit this year. 总 之,如 果 我 们 今 年 要 获 得 利 的 话,销 售 量 一 定 得 增 加。

bow out 不 干 了; 退 出
Mr. Black often quarreled with his partners, so he finally bowed out of the company.
布 莱 克 先 生 经 常 和 合 伙 人 争 吵, 因 此 他 终 于 退 出 了 公 司。

bozo 笨 蛋; 傻 瓜
What a bozo! He can't tell his left from his right. 真 是 个 笨 蛋!他 左 右 不 分。

brain storm 1.好 主 意 2. 脑 力 激 荡
1.I just had a brainstorm! We can all go in my car! 我 有 个 好 主 意!大 家 都 搭 我 的 车 去!
2. Let's brainstorm and see if we can come up with some new ideas. 让 我 们 脑 力 激 荡 一 下 看 看 能 不 能 有 新 点 子。

break a leg 祝 演 出 成 功 [表 面 意 思 " 摔 断 腿 " 的 反 话]
I know you're going to be great in the play tonight. Break a leg! 我 知 道 你 今 天 晚 上 的 演 出 会 很 成 功。祝 你 顺 利!