纽约英语口语网新版
办公室英语口语
第 10 课

A: Tom, this is Mary Bobbins. She's just come over from sales. 汤姆,这是玛丽·罗宾斯。刚从销售部来。

B: It's nice to meet you! Guess we'll be working together. 见到你很高兴。我想我们要在一起工作了。

A: Yes, she'll be working closely with you on the marketing end of things. 是这样。她会在市场营销方面与你密切合作的。

B: Good. Well, welcome aboard, Ms, Robbins. 好啊,欢迎你的到来,罗宾斯女士。

A: You have an unusual accent, Mr. Robbins. Where are you from originally? If you don't mind me asking. 你的口音很特别,罗宾斯女士。是哪里人? 不介意我问吧?

B: Not at all. I was born in Madrid, but I came to the States when I was a teenager. 没关系. 我在马德里出生,但十几岁时就到了美国。

A; I guess that must be what I'm hearing, I really couldn't place it. Do go back to Madrid often? 我听着也差不多,只是搞不准是哪里的口音。你常回马德里吗?

B: No, I haven't been back for more than ten years. 不是,我有十多年没回去了。

A: Have you met the new manager in customer service? 你跟客户服务部的新经理见过面了吗?

B: No, I haven't gotten over there in a few weeks. How is he? 没有。我有好几个星期没有到那去了。他怎么样?

A: She. She seems to be doing a pretty good job. Of course, anything would be better than that last guy! 她是女的。看来做得不错。当然,任何人都比原来那个家伙强。

B: You said it! I can't believe he lasted as long as he did. 太对了。我简直不敢相信他居然呆了那么久。