纽约英语口语网新版
特别广播英语
第 56 课:Why Don't Girls Think Like Boys?
为什么女孩不能像男孩那样考虑问题-1

Do you believe that only boys do well in science? 您认为只有男孩才能在科学上有所建树吗?

Does it seem to you that girls have better vocabularies than boys? 您觉得女孩驾驭词汇的孩子比男孩强吗?

In your opinion, are boys better at building things?依您之见,是不是男孩才最擅长创造一些东西?

If your answer to each of those questions is "Yes," you are right, according to an article in Current Science. 按着《现代科学》上刊登的一篇文章的观点,如果您对这些问题中的每个问题都回答说"是的,"那你就答对了。

There are exceptions, but here are the facts. 但是,这里举出下列事实,足以证明也有例外的情况。

On the average, males score higher on tests that measure mathematical reasoning, mechanical ability, and problem-solving skills. 平均说来,每逢在测试数学推理、机械修理的能力,测试解决问题的技巧时,男性的总分总是高于女性。

Females show superior ability in tests measuring vocabulary, spelling, and memory. 女性在测试词汇量、拼写能力、记忆力方面表现出优越的才能。

But these differences will probably not always exist. 但是,很可能这些判别并不是永恒不变的。

In the future, a person's abilities may not be determined by sex. 在将来,一个人各方面的才能并不是由性别来决定的。