纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 10 课: A Clearance Sale清仓大拍卖

Jennifer: Hi, Wendy. I'm going to Isabel's. Are you coming? 嗨,温蒂。我要到伊莎贝尔去。你要不要跟我一块儿去?

Wendy : No. The things there are too expensive for me. I can't afford it. 不了。那儿的东西太贵了。我买不起。

Jennifer :That is no problem at all. Isabel's is having a clearance sale, and today is the last day. You don't want to miss such a good chance , do you? 那不成问题。伊莎贝尔正在清仓大拍卖,今天是最后一天。你不会想错过这个好机会吧?

Wendy : Really? That's wonderful. Can you wait a second? I need to change. 真的吗?那太好了。你等我一下好吗?找去换衣服。

Jennifer : All right, but hurry up. It always takes you hours to change. 好啊,但要快点。每次你换衣服都要好几个小时。

Wendy : I will. Do you think we can still get something really nice and cheap? I mean, since this is the last day. 我会的。你想我们还买得到又好又便宜的东西吗?我是说,既然今天已经是最后一天了。

Jennifer : I think so. They don't sell shoddy clothes for one thing. 我想可以吧。至少他们不卖粗制滥造的衣服。

Wendy : Should we ask Cindy to come along? She saw an evening gown made of silk there last month which she wanted to buy very much. She didn't buy it of course. It would cost her three months' salary. 我们要不要约辛蒂一起去?她上个月在那裏看了一件绛质的晚礼服,她很想买。当然她后来没有买,那会花掉她三个月的薪水。

Jennifer : She already bought that evening gown. 她已经买了那件晚礼服了。

Wendy : When? 什么时候买的?

Jennifer : Yesterday. She wore that gown last night, and showed off to everybody at Mr. Miles' party. 昨天。她昨天晚上就穿了,向每个参加麦乐斯先生宴会的人炫耀。

Wendy : Oh?! That isn't like her. 哦!她平常不会那样的。

Jennifer : Hurry up, will you? We'll have to go to a gas station first. 快点,好吗?我们还得去加油站呢。

Wendy : All right, all right. I'm ready now. Let's go. 好了啦。我准备好了。咱们走吧。