纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 13 课: A Date约会

Brother : Hey, Sally! Are you going to stay in that bathroom for the rest of your life? 喂,莎莉!你要在浴室待一辈子是不是?

Sister : (From the bathroom) Come on, I just got in here. (从浴室)拜托,我才刚进来而已。

Brother : You're kidding me. You've been in there for two hours twenty-four minutes and fifteen seconds. 开玩笑,你已经进去两小时二十四分钟又十五秒啦。

Sister : All right! Five more minutes, OK? 好了!好了!再五分钟就出来,可以吗?

Brother : What're you doing in there? 你在浴室干什么呀?

Sister : (Coming out from the bathroom) Taking a bath. What do you do in a bathroom? Get a sun tan? (由浴室出来)洗澡啊。你在浴室会做什么?晒太阳不成?

Brother : A bath for two and a half hours? 洗个澡要花两个半小时?

Sister : What's wrong with that? I'm going out with Daniel tonight. 那又怎样?我今晚要和丹尼雨出去。

Brother : You what? No way! Mom doesn't let you go out on dates. Everybody knows that. 你要干什么?不可能的!妈根本不让你出去约会。大家都知道的。

Sister : Yes, she does: She said I was old enough to make decisions. 妈允许我去的。她说我已经够大了,可以自己做主。

Brother : That's a quick change. 事情转变得可真快。

Sister : Do I look good in red? Or maybe black? 我穿红的好下好看?还是黑的?

Brother : No, you look awful in either red or black. I think white is better. 不好看,你穿红的或黑的都不好看。穿白的比较好看。

Sister : Is that so?...I better ask Mom for opinions. Are you free tonight? 是吗?……我还是去问妈的看法吧。你今晚有空吗?

Brother : Yeah....No, you're not going to use my car. 是啊……。不行,你不可以开我的车。

Sister : Come on, this is my first time going out on a date. I'll give you Stella's telephone number in exchange. 拜托嘛,这是我第一次约会。我给你史黛拉的电话号码作为交换。