纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 18 课: A Power Outage 停电

Debra : What happened? 怎么回事?

Simon : It's a power outage, obviously. 显然是停电了。

Debra : Oh, what am I going to do now? I've to hand in this report tomorrow. 哦,那现在怎么办?明天我得交这篇报告呢。

Simon : Where do you keep the flashlight? 你把手电简放在那里?

Debra : Some where in the kitchen. 在厨房的某个地方吧。

Simon : Go find it so that I can check the fuse box. 找来看看,我要检查一下总开关。

Debra :It is probably my fault. I shouldn't have plugged three plugs in one socket. 也许是我的错,我不应该一个插座插三个插头。

Simon : This will teach you. Now go get the flashlight. 这是给你的教训,现在去把手电筒找来。

Debra : It's too dark. I can't find the way. Don't you have a lighter with you? 太黑了。我找不到路。你身上有没有打火机?

Simon : No, I've quit smoking for over one week. I'm afraid you'll have to grope your way to the kitchen. 没有,我已经戒了一个星期的烟,恐怕你得摸黑去厨房了。

Debra : Well, I guess that's it then....Ah! (She screams and Simon hears the dog barking.) 看来只好如此了。……噢!(她尖叫,赛门听到拘吠声。)

Simon : What happened? Are you all right? 怎么了?你没事吧?

Debra : I'm fine. I stepped on old Life. It must have hurt him very much. 我没事。我踩到老莱福了。它一定很痛。

Simon : Did you find the flashlight? 你找到手电筒了吗?

Debra : Wait a second....Yes, I've found it. 等一下…… 找到了。

Simon : Why don't you turn it on so that you don't have to grope your way back here? 你为什么不把它打开,这样你就不用摸黑回这儿了?

Debra : I want to, but there are no batteries in the flashlight. 我也想啊,但是手电筒里没有电池啊。

Simon : Oh, no....Find a candle then. 哦,真糟。……那找根蜡烛吧。

Debra : We don't have any candles, Simon. The only one we had was burnt this evening for our candle light dinner. 我们没有蜡烛,赛门。唯一的一根蜡烛已经在今晚的烛光晚餐上点完了。