芝华士英语口语第 21 课: A Social Visit礼貌性的拜访 Mrs. Jones : (Door bell rings.) Coming! (门铃响。)来了!
Mrs. Chen : Hello. I'm Mrs. Chen. This is my husband. We moved into this neighborhood last week. 你好。我是陈太太。这位是我先生。我们是上星期搬来这附近的。
Mrs. Jones : Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Chen. Come in, please.... Have a seat. Would you like some coffee? 幸会,陈先生,陈太大。请进。……坐,你们要不要来杯咖啡?
Mr. Chen : No, thanks. We'll just stay for a minute. 不用了,谢谢。我们只待一会儿。
Mrs. Jones : Well, what can I do for you then? 那,有何贵干?
Mr. Chen : We're having a party this Friday evening at our place, and we'd like you and your family to join us. 这星期五在宿舍有个宴会,我们希望你和你的家人能够来参加。
Mrs. Jones : Oh, I'd like to, but I'm not sure about my husband's schedule. He always works over time. 哦,我很乐意,但我不确定我先生的时间。他常常加班。
Mrs. Chen : The party will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will probably last for three or four hours. 宴会在下午五点半开始,并且可能会持续四五个小时。
Mrs. Jones : Why don't you give me your telephone number? I'll call you tomorrow and let you know. 你何不给我你们的电话号码?我明天再打电话告诉你。
Mr. Chen : Please do. This is our phone number and address. We live just across the street. 请你一定要打来。这是我们的电话和地址。我们就住在对街。
Mrs. Jones : Do you need any help preparing for the party, Mrs. Chen? I'm free every afternoon. 你需要人帮忙宴会的事吗,陈太大?我每天下午都有空。
Mrs. Chen : That's very nice of you, but won't it be too trouble-some for you? 你真好,但是那会不会太麻烦你了呢?
Mrs. Jones : No, no trouble at all. What time is good? 一点也不麻烦。什么时间方便?
Mrs. Chen : How about 4:00 p.m.? 下午四点好吗?
Mrs. Jones : I'll be there. 我会去的。