芝华士英语口语第 24 课: A Thorough Cleanup大扫除 Mother : Quiet, everybody!...Come here and sit down....OK, now, let me assign the jobs to each one of you. Daddy, you're assigned to weed the garden. John, clean all the windows . William, wash and wax the car and clean up the garage. Marie, you're in charge of the ceiling and the floor. Any objections? 大家安静!……过来这里坐下。……好了,现在我来分配每个人的工作。孩子的爸,你被分到除院子里的草。约翰,清洗所有的窗户。威廉,洗车、打蜡,并清扫车库。玛莉,你负责天花板跟地板。有人反对吗?
Julie : What about me, Mommy? What do I do? 那我呢,妈?我做什么?
Mother : You'll help me clean up the bathrooms, living room, bedrooms, and the kitchen. Is that all right? 你帮我清理浴室、客厅、卧室和厨房。好吗?
Julie : All right. 好。
John : Mother, why do we have to do this ourselves? We can hire somebody to do it. 妈,我们为什么要自己做这些事?我们可以花钱请人来做。
William : Will you pay for it? 你要付这笔钱吗?
John : Who is talking to you? 谁跟你说话?
Mother : Quiet! Daddy, why don't you explain this to the children? 安静!孩子的爸,你来解释给孩子们听吧?
Father : OK. Listen, kids. I know you guys are not used to cleaning up the house by yourselves. Some of you have not even cleaned up your own rooms from the time you were born. Mother and I decided that you should learn how to keep your own rooms neat and not make a mess wherever you go. And this is a start. 好的。听好,孩子们。我知道你们不习惯自己动手清理房子。有些甚至从出生开始到现在连自己的房间也不打扫。妈妈和我决定,你们应该学习把自己的房间整理干净,同时不要走到哪儿,就把那儿弄得乱七八糟。今天只是个开始。
Mother : Does that answer your question? 你的问题得到答案了吗?
John : Yes, Mom. 是的,妈。
Mother: OK. Let's start then. Get to your feet and move, kids.
好。那我们就开始吧。站起来,快去,孩子们。