纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 27 课: After Work下班以后

Celia : Shall I punch out for you, Rose? I'm leaving now. 要不要我帮你打卡,罗丝? 我现在要下班了。

Rose : No, thanks. I've to work overtime. 不用了,谢谢。我得加班。

Celia : But today is Friday. You're not going to work overtime on Friday evening, are you? 可是今天是星期五呀。你不会在星期五晚上加班吧?

Rose : Well, I am. I'll have to finish this report for next Monday's meeting....Is Ted coming to pick you up? 我是要加班。我得把这份报告做完,下星期一开会要用的。……泰德要来接你吗?

Celia : No. We'll meet at my house. He invited my family to spend the weekend with his family at their villa. 没有。我们要在家里碰头,他邀请我们全家跟他们家一起去他们的别墅度这个周末。

Rose : That's nice. Where is his villa? 很好啊。他的别墅在哪儿?

Celia : It's not his villa, but his father's. I think it's somewhere in Florida. I'm not sure myself. 不是他的别墅,是他爸爸的。我想大概是在佛罗里达州的某个地方吧。我自己也不太清楚。

Rose : Sometimes I envy you a lot. Ted is a good guy. 有时候我真羡慕你。泰德是个不错的青年。 

Celia : Come on. You just haven't met the right person. And I think that you work too much. You should learn how to entertain yourself and enjoy your life. 得了。你只是还没遇到合适的对象罢了。而且我觉得你工作太多了。你应该学学如何娱乐自己,享受人生。

Rose : I know, but I am a work maniac. 我知道,可是我是个工作狂。

Celia : Well, suit yourself! I've got to run now. 那就随便你了!我得赶紧走了。

Rose : Have a nice weekend! 祝你周末愉快!

Celia : You too.... Oh, I forgot to tell you one thing. A guy called this afternoon. He said he was your ex-boyfriend. He wanted you to call him back. 你也是……。哦,我忘了告诉你一件事,今天下午有一个人打电话给你。他说是你以前的男朋友,还要你回他电话。

Rose : Did he mention anything else? 他还有没有说别的?

Celia : No, nothing else.... See you Monday. 没有了。……星期一见。

Rose : See you. 再见。