纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 30 课: An Opening Party开幕酒会

Mr. Aaderson : Congratulations. Mr. Longfellow It's a magnificent hotel. 恭喜你,朗费罗先生。好雄伟气派的一家旅馆。

Mr. Longfellow: Thank you. I'll certainly give you a discount if you check into this hotel. 谢谢。你要是常来住的话,我一定会给你打折的。

Mr. Anderson : I have guite a few friends who travel in and out of here I'll certainly recommend this hotel to them It's called... ? 我有不少朋友常常往来此地。我一定会向他们推荐这家旅馆的。它的名字是叫…?

Mr. Longfellow: St Antonio. 安东尼奥。

Mr. Anderson: Yes, St Antonio. I'II remember that. 对了,安东尼奥。我会记住。         

Miss Field : Excuse me, Mr. Longfellow. May I have a word with you? 对不起,朗费罗先生。我可以和你说句话吗?

Mr. Longfellow: Certainly (To Mr. Anderson) Excuse me (To Miss Field) What is it , Miss Field? 当然。(对安德生先生)对不起,失陪了。(对费雨德小姐)什么事,费雨德小姐?

Miss field: It's time to cut the tape. but the Mayor and Senator Gordon haven't arrived yet. 剪彩的时间到了,但是市长和高登参议员都还没到。

Mr. Longfellow: I'm afraid there is nothing we can do. 恐怕我们无能为力。

Miss Field : Shall I phone them and…. 要不要我打个电话给他们…….

Mr. Longfellow: No, that won't be necessary I talked to them yesterday, they assured me that they would come to cut the tape today. 不用了。昨天我和他们谈过,他们向我保证今天一定会来剪彩。

Miss Field : If they said so, they'll certainly come. They're men of their words after all. I mean, at least they're supposed to be. 如果他们会这么说,他们就一定会来。毕竟他们是守信用的人。我是说,至少他们应该是守信用的人。

Mr. Longfellow: Don't worry....Look! Here they come. 别担心。……你看!他们来了。

Miss Field : Thank Heavens! They're only fifty minutes late. 谢天谢地!他们只迟到了五分钟。