纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 31 课: Applying for a Job应征工作

Birna : I heard that you have a vacant position for a secretary I've come to apply for the job. 听说你们有个秘书的空缺。我是来应征的。

Receptionist : Please wait here for a second. 请在这儿稍候。

Brina: OK. 好的。

Mr. Graham : Who is the next applicant? 下一个应征者是谁?

Receptionist: Miss, it's your turn. 小姐,该你了。

Brina:I am. 是我。

Mr. Graham: Come this way, Please. Do you have your resume with you? 请这边走。有没有带履历表来?

Brina:Yes,here it is. 有,在这儿。    

Mr. Graham: Sit down, Miss Faulkner.... You're presently working at Creative Advertising Company? 请坐,福克纳小姐。………你目前在创作广告公司上班?

Brina : Yes, as a sales representative. 是的,当业务代表。

Mr.Graham : What makes you want to quit the job? 你为什么想辞去那份工作?

Brina : Frankly, it is an interesting job, but I'm not suitable for it. Too much tension and pressure. 坦白说,那是份很有趣的工作,但是我不适合。太紧张,压力太大了。

Mr.Graham: Is it hard work? 辛苦吗?

Brina: I don't mind hard work and working overtime. It's the atmosphere that drives me crazy. 我不在乎工作辛苦和加班。令我受不了的是那儿的气氛。

Mr.Graham: It'll be tough work to be a secretary here, you must understand that. The boss is very touchy and hard to get along with. Have you been a secretary before? 在这儿当秘书是一份相当吃力的工作,你一定要知道这点。老板很暴躁易怒,而且很很难相处。以前做过秘书吗?

Brina: Yes, I have. I was a pretty good secretary. I know how to handle a bad-tempered boss. I'm sure I'll be a competent secretary if you take me on your staff. 做过。我是个很不错的秘书。我知道如何应付一个坏脾气的老板。我确定如果你们雇用我的话,我会是个称职的秘书。

Mr. Graham: Thank you for coming, Miss Faulkner. I'll let you know as soon as we've made a decision. 谢谢你来,福克纳小姐。我们一有决定,我就会通知你。