纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 43 课: At the Cafeteria在自助餐厅

Head-waiter : Good evening, sir. 您好,先生!

Henry : Good evening. We'd like a table for four, please. 你好。我们要一张四人桌。

Head- waiter : Do you have a reservation, sir? 您先预订了吗,先生?

Henry : No, I'm afraid not. Can we sit over there? There's a table free by the window. 没有。我们可以坐那边吗?靠窗户那边有张空桌子。

Head-waiter : Sorry, sir. That table has been reserved. Come this way, please. (He leads them to a free table.) How about this one, sir? 对不起,先生。那个桌位已经有人订了。这边请。(他带领他们到另一张空桌位),这个桌子好吗?先生?

Henry : Fine. We'll sit here. 好。我们就坐这儿。

Head-waiter : Would you like some drinks ? 要不要来点儿饮料?

Henry : What would you like to drink, Stella? 你想喝点什么呢,史黛拉?    

Stella : I don't know anything about drinks. I'll drink whatever you order for me. 我对酒没有概念,你点什么,我就喝什么。

Henry : All right. Give us a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine. 好。给我们一瓶红酒,一瓶白酒。

Head- waiter : Very well, sir. 好的,先生。

Stella : Why did you order two bottles? 你为什么要点两瓶?

Henry : I know that you never eat steaks or pork, so I ordered the white wine for you. The red wine is for myself. I love steak. 我知道你是不吃牛排或猪肉的·所以我帮你点了白酒。红酒是为我自己叫的。我喜欢吃牛排,

Stella : I see. Do we help ourselves? 我懂了。我们要自己来吗?

Henry : Yes, it's self-service here. 对,这儿是自助式的。

Stella : I hope they have good shrimp or crab here. 我希望他们有好吃的虾子或螃蟹。

Henry : They have the best sea food in this city. You can eat your head off. It's on me. 他们的海鲜在本城是最好的。你可以尽情的点。这餐由我请客。