纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 46 课: At the Conference Room在会议室

Mr. Fee : Miss Wonder? 汪德小姐?

Miss Wonder : Yes, Mr. Fee? 什么事,费先生?

Mr. Fee : Would you mind taking your stuff to your office?There'll be a meeting at three o'clock. 你不介意把你的东西拿回你的办公室吧?这儿三点钟要开会。

Miss Wonder : Oh, I'm sorry. I'll try to finish this before the meeting. 哦,抱歉。我尽量在开会之前把它结束。

Mr. Fee : But can't you work in your office? This is the conference room, not your office. 但是难道你不能在自己的办公室做吗?这儿是会议室,不是你的办公室。

Miss Wonder : I know. I should have done this in my office, but these are the letters from the audience and they took up so much space, I wasn't able to do it on my desk. 我知道,我本来应该在自己的办公室做这些工作的,但是这些观众的来信,它们占去太多空间了,我没办法在我的办公桌上处理它们。

Mr. Fee : I see. Do you have to finish reading them by today? 原来如此。 你今天一定要看完这些信吗?

Miss Wonder : I'm afraid so, Mr. Fee. There'll be a lot more coming in tomorrow. I can't leave it till tomorrow. 恐怕是的,费先生。明天还会有更多信件寄来。我不能把这件事留到明天再做。

Mr. Fee : What you need is a bigger desk. 你需要一张大点儿的办公桌。  

Miss Wonder : or an assistant. My office doesn't have enough room for a big desk. 或是一个助理。我的办公室没有足够的空间可以容纳大办公桌。

Mr. Fee : I'll see what I can do. You can't work in the conference room everyday. 我看看有什么法子。你总不能每天在会议室办公。

Miss Wonder : Thank you, Mr. Fee. 谢谢你,费先生。

Mr. Fee : I'll get Miss Green to help you with this mail so that you can clean up for the meeting. 我找格林小姐来帮你处理这些信件,这样你就能把这些东西清理好后让我们开会。

Miss Wonder : Thank you very much, Mr. Fee. But I can do it myself. Don't bother. 谢谢你,费先生。不过我自己可以做得来。不用麻烦了。