纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 48 课: At the Dental clinic在牙医诊所

Bonny: Doctor, I'd like to have a check-up on my teeth. 医生,我想检查一下我的牙齿。

Doctor: Hi, Bonny. You haven't been here for over a year. 嗨,邦妮。你一年多没来了。

Bonny: Oh, that long? I thought it was only one month. 哦,有那么久吗?我以为才一个月而已呢。

Doctor: You're still as naughty as you used to be. What seems to be the problem this time? 你还是跟以前一样调皮。这次又有什么毛病了?

Bonny: My teeth seem to be sensitive to heat and cold. It'll bleed when I brush as well. 我的牙齿对热的和冰凉的东西都会敏感。刷牙时也会流血;

Doctor: Let's take a look.... Open your mouth wide, please....Does it hurt? 我们来看看……请把嘴巴张大。……会痛吗?

Bonny: No. 不会。

Doctor: Here? 这里呢?  

Bonny: Ouch! 哎哟!

Doctor: It hurts? 痛吗?

Bonny: Of course it hurts. Do I have any decayed teeth? 当然痛啊。我有蛀牙吗?

Doctor: Yes, there are two of them. Does the gum ever ache or become sore to the touch? 有,有两颗。碰到牙龈的时候会痛或酸痛吗?

Bonny: Yes, sometimes. Usually around the canine tooth. 有时候会。通常都是在犬齿附近。

Doctor: The teeth in that area seem to be sound. It might be a kind of gum disease. We may as well take an X-ray just to be sure.(Doctor adjusts the machine.) 犬齿附近的牙齿看来都很好。可能是某种齿跟疾病。我们不妨照个X光确定一下。(医生调整镀器等等。)

Bonny: What about those two decayed teeth? 那两个蛀牙怎么办?

Doctor: The decay hasn't gone deep into the teeth yet. We can put in a gold filling. 让牙还没坏到牙齿内部。我们可以把洞填补起来。

Bonny:I think I'll do that next time. I'm in a hurry today. 我想下次再做吧。今天我赶时间。

Doctor: As you wish. Don't put it off too long, though. It'll get even worse. 随便你。但别拖太久。那样会使蛀牙恶化。