Emma : This Wednesday is Gerald's birthday. Tony suggested that we should hold a party for him. Will you come? 这礼拜三是杰瑞的生日。东尼建议我们替他开个舞会。你来不来?
Daniela : This Wednesday? What kind of party will it be? 这礼拜三?什么样的舞会?
Emma : A disguise party. 化妆舞会。
Danlela : Sounds interesting. Does Gerald know about the party? 听起来很有趣。杰瑞知道这回事吗?
Emma : No. We intend to give him a surprise. 不知道。我们打算给他一个惊喜。
Daniela : Where will it be held? 在哪里举行?
Emma : At our place. 就在我们这儿.
Daniela : That means we'll have to decorate the living room and do all the preparation? 那就是说我们得自己动手装饰客厅及一切准备的事?
Emma : They'll come and help us. We'll do it together. 他们会来帮我们的。我们大家一起动手。
Daniela : I don't know. I'm up to my ears in work. I'm not sure I can spare one evening. 我不知道。我有一大堆工作要做。我不知道能不能抽出一个晚上的空。
Emma : Come on, Daniela. I know you have a good impression of Gerald, and Gerald always thinks well of you. Although he hasn't told me personally, I know that he likes you very much. 别这样,丹妮拉。我知道你对杰瑞印象很好,杰瑞对你的看法也很好。虽然他没亲口对我说过,但我知道他很喜欢你。
Daniela : Don't bring this up, Emma. 别谈这件事,艾玛。
Emma : You've always been busy. He always thinks about asking you out, but he never has the chance. You might as well give him an opportunity. 你一直都很忙。他也一直都想约你出去,但都没有机会。你不妨给他一个机会。
Daniela : So I am the surprise of his birthday party. 原来我才是这个生日舞会的惊喜。