Sissie : How is your new work, Yvonne? 你那份新工作好不好,伊芳?
Yvonne : A tough job , you can bet. They even offer in-service training every Wednesday afternoon. 苦差事哦。他们每星期三还有在职训练呢。
Sissie : Good for you. 不错啊。
Yvonne : I don't like it. I'm not used to this kind of nine to five work. Above all, I hate talking to those poker faces everyday. 我才不喜欢,我不习惯这种朝九晚五的工作。更重要的是,我讨厌每天跟那些扑克似的脸说话。
Sissie : Well, you have to take the bad with the good . 你得学着接受人生的甘苦。
Yvonne : I guess so. I'm badly off and I need this job....say, where did you get that bracelet? It looks nice on you. 大概是吧:我穷死了,需要这份工作。……嗳,你这手环那儿来的?你戴起来很好看。
Sissie : My mother gave it to me. I don't wear it very often. It's too...showy. 我妈给的,我不常戴。它太……显眼了。
Yvonne : It goes with your black velvet though. 不过它和你的黑丝绒挺相配的。
Sissie : You really think so? 你真的这么想吗?
Yvonne : You don't have enough confidence in yourself. You don't think of yourself as attractive and capable, and what is worse, you doubt it when other people say that you're attractive and capable. Be positive about yourself! 你对自己信心不够。你不认为自己漂亮能干,更糟的事情是,别人说你漂亮能干的时候你还怀疑,肯定一下自已嘛!
Sissie : Let's not talk about such a heavy subject. 别谈这么严肃的话题。
Yvonne : What shall we talk about then? The weather? 那要谈什么?谈天气吗?
Sissie : Oh, Yvonne! You know that's not what I meant. I... 哦,伊芳!你知道我不是那个意思。我……