纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 70 课: Hitchhiking搭便车旅游

Lora: I'm exhausted, Harry. 我累死了,哈利。

Harry: I know, but no one has stopped. Cheer up! Someone will give us a ride as long as we keep trying. 我知道,可是没人停车啊。打起精神吧!只要我们继续试,总会有人让我们搭便车的。

Lora: Can we sit here and wait? I can't go on. 我们能不能坐下来等?我走不动了。

Harry: All right. Let's take a rest. 好吧。咱们休息一下好了。

Lora: Hey, here comes a van! 嘿,有车来了!

Driver: (As he drives by) Sorry, we have no room! (车子驶过时) 抱歉,我们没有多余的位子。

Lora: Oh, not again! I shouldn't have come with you on this silly hitchhiking trip. 噢,又是这样!我根本就不应该跟你来这趟愚蠢的搭便车旅游

Harry: Don't say that, Lora. We've had a lot of fun in the past few days, haven't we? 别这么说嘛,萝拉。我们这几天不是玩得很高兴吗?

Lora: We did have, but now I'm...Hey, here comes another van...Stop, please!... Oh, he won't stop. 我们是玩得很高兴,可是我现在……喂,又有一辆旅行车来了……停车,拜托!…哦,他不肯停。
 
Harry: Look! It's stopped. Let's go. 看! 它停了。我们走!

Lora: Thank God. 谢天谢地。

Driver: Get in the car, kids. 上车,小伙子。

Harry: Thank you for the ride, sir. 谢谢你肯载我们一程,先生。

Lora: Thank you, sir. Who knows how long we'd have to wait if you didn't stop. 谢谢你,先生。要是你没有停车的话,我们不知道还要等多久呢。

Driver: Don't mention it. When I was your age, I liked to hitch- hike myself. I know how it feels when you see cars speeding away one after another. 不客气。我在你们这个年纪也喜欢搭便车到处旅行。我知道当你们看到车子一辆接著一辆飞驰而去的感受。

Lora: Yeah, it feels like being deserted by the rest of the world. I'd rather go on a trip on bicycles or cars next time. 是啊,奸像被世界遗弃了似的。下回我宁可骑脚踏车或开车旅行。

Driver:You'll miss a lot for sure. 司机 :那你铁定会错过很多事物的。