纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 77 课: Mother's Day母亲节

Brother : Hi, Angela. What are you doing? 嗨,安琪拉。你在做什么?

Sister :Trying to figure out how to bake a cake. 我正在设法搞懂怎么烤蛋糕。

Brother: Forget it, Angela. You can't even make a sandwich. 算了吧,安琪拉。你连三明治都不会做。

Sister: Keep your mouth shut. 闭上你的嘴。

Brother: What do you want to bake a cake for anyway? Are we having any visitors today? 你烤蛋糕要做什么?今天有客人要来吗?

Sister: No. It's for tomorrow. 没有。是明天要用的。

Brother: Tomorrow? You can ask Mom to give you a hand. 明天?你可以请妈帮忙啊。

Sister: Tomorrow is Mother's Day. 明天是母亲节。

Brother: That's why you want to bake a cake, eh? Tell you what, why don't you just buy a card or a dozen carnations? 所以你要烤蛋糕?我跟你说,你为什么不干脆买张卡片还是一打康乃馨呢?

Sister : Will you lend me twenty bucks? 借我二十块好不好?

Brother: Say it again. 再说一次。

Sister: You heard what I said. 你听到我说什么了。

Brother: You have your own pocket money. 你有你自己的零用钱。

Sister: What a stingy man you are. What gift did you buy for Mom? 你真是个小气鬼。你买了什么礼物给妈?

Brother: It's a secret. 这是秘密。

Sister: I knew you would't let me know. Who cares? 我就知道你不会告诉我的。谁稀罕?

Brother: If you don't have enough money to buy a gift, why don't you just clean up the house? Mother will be pleased. She'll have an easy day tomorrow. 如果你不够钱买礼物,你何不把家里打扫干净?妈会很高兴的。明天她就会很轻松啦。

Sister: Sounds like a good idea. But how about cooking? 听起来是个好主意。但是煮饭怎么办?

Brother: Don't worry. Leave it to me. 放心。我会处理的。