纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 78 课: On St. Valentine's Day 情人节

Brenda : Hi, Pouline. What are you doing here? 嗨,宝琳。你在这里做什么?

Pouline : What do you mean? This is my room. 什么意思? 这是我的房间。

Brenda : But I saw Daniel outside the dormitory. Wasn't he waiting for yon? 但是我刚看到丹尼尔在宿舍外面。他不是在等你吗?

Pouline : Daniel? 丹尼尔?

Brenda : Yes, with a bunch of roses in his hands. 是啊,手上还捧了一束玫瑰呢。

Pouline : Really? 真的?

Brenda : Why would I lie to you? 我骗你做什么?

Pouline : He didn't come for me. 他不是来找我的。

Brenda : Of course he did. He is your boyfriend. 他当然是来找你的。他是你的男朋友啊。  

Pouline : Not any more. I saw him going out with Cindy. We had a fight and broke up. 再也不是了。我看到他和辛蒂在一起。我们吵了一架,分手了。

Brenda : It can't be that bad. Perhaps he's regretful and wants to apologize. Give him a chance. 没那么严重吧。也许他后悔了,想来道歉。给他一个机会嘛。

Pouline : Let's not talk about this. I like your earrings. Are they new? 别谈这件事。我喜欢你的耳环。新买的吗?

Brenda : Oh, you like them? They're a gift. Tom bought them last night, and a box of chocolate. 哦,你喜欢吗?这是汤姆昨晚买来送我的礼物,还有一盒巧克力。

Pouline : Why? Was it your birthday? 为什么?昨天是你的生日吗?

Brenda : No. Today is Valentine's Day! Don't tell me you don't know that. 不是的。今天是情人节。可别告诉我你不知道今天是什么日子

Pouline : Is it today? What a sad day! I didn't get anything from anybody, not even a card. 是今天吗?多悲哀的一天哪!我什么也没收到,连张卡片也没有。

Brenda : It's mutual. Why don't you take the initiative? This is the twentieth century after all. 这是双方面的事。你为什么不采取主动呢?毕竟这是二十世纪呀。