纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 79 课: On the Airplane在飞机上

Alice: Darling, isn't this a non-smoking area? 亲爱的,这是不是禁烟机舱?
  
George: Yes, that's right. 没错。

Alice: But that man over there is smoking. Would you ask him not to smoke? 可是那边那个人在抽烟,你可不可以叫他别抽?

George: We better ask the stewardess to do such things. Here comes one....Excuse me.. 我们最好还是请空中小姐做这种事。有一位空姐过来了。……对不起,
  
Stewardess: Yes, sir? 什么事,先生?

George: I believe this is a non-smoking area. Would you ask the passenger over there not to smoke? 我想这是禁烟机舱没错吧:你能不能请那边那位旅客不要抽烟?

Stewardess: Yes, sir. 好的。

Alice: Er, miss. When will you serve drinks? 呃,小姐,你们什么时候上饮料?

Stewardess: I'll be bringing the trolley round soon after take-off, ma'am. 飞机一起飞我就会推车过来,小姐。

Alice: Good. Thank you. (The stewardess goes off.)...Oh, I forgot to ask her when the bar will open. 好极了,谢谢你!(空中小姐走开了)哦,我忘了问她酒吧什么时候开?

George: What for? 做什么?

Alice: I'd like to buy some bottles of whisky. They're duty-free, aren't they? 我想买几瓶威土忌。威士忌是免税的,不是吗?

George: They are, but it's no hurry. You've got plenty of time. How do you want to kill the time? How about playing cards? 是免税的,不过不要着急呀。你有足够的时间。你要怎样打发时间?玩牌好

Alice: No, I want to write my friends some postcards. They offer airline postcards on the plane and they'll post them free. 不要,我想写些明信片给我的朋友。他们在机上供应航空明信片,而且邮票是不用钱的。

George: I guess I'll have to read magazines then. Shall I use the call button and have them send you postcards?我想我只好看杂志了,要不要我按呼叫钮帮你叫他们送明信片来?

Alice: No, just wait for a stewardess to come by.不用了,等有空中小姐过来再说好了。