纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 82 课: Purchasing a Watch买手表

Clerk : May I help you, sir? 我能效劳吗,先生?

Andrew : Yes, I'm looking for a wristwatch. 是的,我想看手表。

Clerk : What kind of wristwatch are you interested in, a dress watch or a sport watch? 您对那个类型的手表有兴趣,装饰用的手表还是运动表?

Andrew : A dress watch. 装饰用的手表。

Clerk : We have a complete range of famous brands here. How about this one? It's an Omega. 我们这儿各种厂牌的货色齐全。这只如何? 这只是亚米茄的。

Andrew : I'm afraid that I'm not interested in watches with metal watchbands. 我对金属表带的手表没兴趣。

Clerk : Oh, so you prefer a watch with a leather watchband .... Let me see....How about this one? It's a Dunhill. 哦,原来您偏好皮质表带的手表。……我看看……。这只如何? 这是登喜路的。

Andrew : To be frank, I can't afford watches of this range.They're too expensive for me. Can you show me some other brands? 坦白说,我买不起这种等级的表。它们对我而言太昂贵了。你能不能给我看看其他牌子的表?

Clerk : If you don't mind, may I ask how much you care to pay? I have to know this to recommend one to your liking. 如果您不介意的话,请问您打算付多少钱买表?我得先知道这点才能介绍合您意的表给您。

Andrew : I was thinking about something around thirty dollars. 我准备花三十元左右。

Clerk : I see. How do you like Seiko? Seiko watches are pretty good. They keep time as well as being tasteful. 我知道了。您喜不喜欢精工表?精工表相当好。不但准确,格调也很高雅。

Andrew : Can I have a look? 我能看看吗?

Clerk : Certainly....Here. What do you think of this one? 当然可以。……喏。您觉得这只如何?

Andrew : I'd like to take a look at that square one.... How much does it sell for? 我想看看那只方形的。……它的售价是多少?

Clerk : Twenty-eight dollars. It's a quartz. 二十八元。是石英表。

Andrew : I'll take it. 我买了。