纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 88 课: Shopping at a Department Store在百货公司购物

Husband: Can I wait at the coffee bar? 我能不能在咖啡馆等?

Wife: Please, honey. I don't want to shop alone. 拜托,亲爱的。我不想一个人去买东西。

Husband: But I feel ill at ease when you are picking things out. 但是每次你在选购东西的时候,我都觉得很不自在。

Wife: You can always give me advice, or enjoy yourself looking at beautiful women. 你可以给我建议,或者看漂亮的女人自娱呀。

Husband: Don't talk nonsense. What do you want to purchase today? 别胡说。你今天要买什么东西?

Wife: Well, a new sheet, some baby's necessities, and a crib. 一条新被单,一些婴儿日常必需品,和一张婴儿床。

Husband: What do you need the baby's necessities and the crib for? 你买婴儿用品和婴儿床做什么?

Wife: For our coming baby! Don't you see? You're going to be a father in several months. 帮我们即将诞生的小婴儿买呀。你还不明白吗?再过几个月你就要当爸爸了。

Wife: Don't stand there gaping at me. Get moving! They'll be closed in two hours. 别站在那儿目瞪口呆的看着我。走呀!再过两个小时就关门了。

Husband: Sure. Do we also need a cradle? 好的。我们需不需要也买个摇篮?

Wife:No. I think a crib is better than a cradle. We can think about buying a carrycot, though. 不需要。婴儿床比摇篮好。不过我们倒是可以考虑买个手提婴儿篮。

Husband: Let's do so. Look! They have a special on feeding bottles. 那就买吧。你看他们的奶瓶在特价呢。

Wife: Let's buy the sheet first. We can come back here later. 我们先买床单吧。待会儿再回来买。

Husband: We've enough sheets to change. Why do we need a new one? 我们有足够的床单换洗。为什么要买新的呢?

Wife: My mother will live with us for some time. She will move in next week. 我妈妈会来和我们住一段日子。她下星期就会搬来。

Husband: So? 那又怎样?

Wife: She has a cleanliness habit. 她有洁癖。