纽约英语口语网新版
芝华士英语口语
第 9 课: A Charity Bazaar慈善义卖

Hank : Hi, Anne. What are you up to? 嘀,安。你在干嘛?

Anne: Designing a uniform.设计制服。

Hank: I didn't know you are a costume designer.我不知道你原来还是个服装设计师呢。

Anne: You never asked. I am a costume designer. 你从来没问过呀。我是服装设计师。

Hank : Oh, sorry. What is this for anyway?哦,抱歉,这到底是做什么用的?

Anne : There'll be a charity bazaar for the handicapped the week after next week. They decided that every participant should wear a uniform.下下星期有个残障人士的慈善义卖。他们决定每个参加的人都应该穿制服。

Hank : Where will it be held?在那里举办?

Anne : At the National Park.国家公园。

Hank : Is there anything I can do to help?有没有我帮得上忙的地方?

Anne : Yes , give me some inspiration.有啊,给我一些灵感。

Hank : I don't have the slightest idea about costumes. 我对服装一点儿概念也没有。

Anne : I can see that. Who would wear a green shirt with orange pants and red socks? 看得出来。谁会穿件绿衬衫配橘红长裤和红袜子?

Hank : Don't make fun of me. This is fashion....What do you have in that charity bazaar?别取笑我。这是流行。……你们那场慈善义卖里卖些什么?

Anne : Most of them are the products of our company such as T-shirts, short pants, hats, and bags. They come in different styles, but the patterns are all the same-a big heart. 大部分是我们公司的产品,诸如运动衫,短裤、帽子,和袋子。样式不同,但是图案部是一样的一颗好大的心。

Hank: Can I join you? I've never done such a thing before.我可以参加吗?我以前没做过这种事。

Anne : You never pay attention to the people around you, not to mention showing concern about this society.你从不注意在周围的人们,更别提关心这个社会了。

Hank : Don't say that. I'm eager to be one of you. Let me try. 别这么说。我热切的想成为你们的一份子。让我试试吧。

Anne : I’ll have to ask permission from the manager. Call me next Monday evening and I'll let you know. 我必须得到经理的同意。下星期一下午打电话给我,我再告诉你。