主目录 / 上一页

金巴利英语口语对话
第 1 课: 我老是忘记

Jennifer: I've got to get dad a Father's Day gift.
我得去买父亲节的礼物给老爸。
 
Billy: Thanks for reminding me. It always slips my mind.
谢谢你提醒我。我老是忘记。
 
Jennifer: This year I'm going to get him a gag gift.
今年我要送他个搞笑的礼物。
 
Billy: Cool! That's a great idea. What did you have in mind?
酷!好主意。你想送什么?
 
Jennifer: Well, we have a tradition in my family...
我们家族有个传统……
 
Billy: Don't tell me: socks.
别说是:袜子。
 
Jennifer: No, ties. And there's a tie store. Let's go!
不,是领带。那里有家领带店。走!
 
Billy: That is the most boring, typical gift in the world!
领带是世界上最乏味、最刻板的礼物!
 
Jennifer: I know. But this year I want to get him an interesting tie. Like this one.
我知道。但是今年我要送他一条有趣的领带。像这条。
 
Billy: That's not exactly a conversation piece. It's so plain.
这跟本没什么好谈的。这条那么朴素。
 
Jennifer: It's perfect! It's a Dilbert tie!
它很完美!这是条呆伯特领带!
 
Billy: The diagonal black and red stripes are really conservative though...
但黑色和红色相间的斜纹还真是保守……
 
Jennifer: But watch this...it bends upwards, just like Dilbert's tie. There's a wire inside.
可是你看好喔……这可以向前翘起来,就像是漫画里呆伯特的那条领带。里面有铁丝。
 
Billy: A fly-away tie! What a riot!
一条飞行领带!炫!
 
主目录 / 上一页