纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 104 课:May I have a birthday party?我可以开个生日晚会吗?

MRS. NIKZAD: Hello, dear. How was your day?亲爱的,你好,今天过的怎么样?

MR.NIKZAD : Hello, Zahra. Hi, Son. I'm such a good mood that I feel like celebrating. Let's go out to dinner tonight. 你好,赞哈拉。嘿,儿子,我今天特别高兴(情绪很好)。我想庆祝一下,我们去外边吃晚饭吧。

ALI: whoopee !噢……

MRS. NmZA Ali has something to ask you.埃利有事要问你。

MR. NmZA What is it, Ali?什么事,埃利?

ALI: Father, may I please have a birthday party?爸爸,给我开个生日宴会好吗?

MR. Nmzn Of course, Ali. Why not?当然可以,埃利,这有什么不行呢?

ALI: Thanks, Daddy. [Ali hugs his father. ]谢谢爸爸。[埃利搂住爸爸]

MR. NmZAD: What kind of party do you want, Ali?埃利,你想开个什么样的宴会呢?

ALI: An ice cream party!冰激凌宴会。

MR. NmZA IS that what you want?Wouldn't you like to go to a baseball game instead?就想开个这样的宴会?你不想去看场棒球比赛?

ALI: Daddy, this is much better/ You eat lots and lots of ice cream. They put it in a big bowl. And then, when you've eaten so much ice cream that you can't eat any more, you eat some more anyway. 爸爸,就这个宴会最好啦!你可以吃好多好多冰激凌。他们把冰激凌放在大碗里,这样,当你吃得一点也不想再吃时,也只得强迫自己再多吃点。

MR.NIKZA It sounds terrible.听起来真可怕。

MRS.NIKAD: I guess it sounds wonderful to kids. What do you think, dear?我看这对孩子来说倒不错,你说呢?亲爱的?

MR.NIKZAD: Okay, Ali. It's a deal. 好吧,埃利,就这样定了。

ALI: Oh, boy!噢,真的!