PEOR Fine. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. 你好,我是路过这儿,顺便来看看你。
MICHAEL: Come on in. [Pedro comes in]进来吧。[彼卓进到屋里]
MICHAEL: How about some coffee?喝杯咖啡吧?
PEDR Sounds good.好的。
MICHAEL: What''s new? You look tired. 怎么啦?你好像很累。
PEOR I''m trying to find a present for Miguel. He''s leaving at the end of next week.我想送给米盖尔一个礼物,他下个星期末就要走了。
MICHAL: That''s too bad.太糟了。
PEDR He thinks so, too.他也这么说。
MICHAEL: What about Marta?那玛塔呢?
PEDR Who knows? I don''t ask any questions. They act like teenagers in love. They cling to each other as if there were no tomorrow. 谁知道!我什么也不问。他们简直像十几岁热恋的孩子,俩人依依不舍,好像过了今天就没有明天了。
MICHAEL: You''re cynical today.你又嘲笑她们。
PEDR Realistic. In a week, she won''t remember his name.现实些,一个星期之后她就会忘掉他的名字。
MICHAEL: Come on, Pedro.得啦,彼卓。
PEDR I''ll make you a bet. How much? Five dollars?我敢跟你打赌,多少钱?5美元?
MICHAEL: OK. A five-dollar bet. Shake. [They shake hands]好吧,就打5美元的赌吧,握手算数。[俩人握手。]