纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 108 课:I have a favor to ask.我想求你帮个忙。

MICHAEL: YOU take your coffee black, right?你喝不加牛奶的咖啡对吧?

PEDR Right, thanks.对,谢谢。

MICHAEL: I have a favor to ask.我想求你帮个忙。

PEDR What is it?帮什么忙?

MICHAEL: I''m entering an art competition, and I''d like to use your name.我要参加一个绘画比赛,我想用你的名字。

PEDR What do you mean?为什么?

MICHAEL: I don''t want my father to know I''m entering the competition.我不想让我父亲知道我参加这个比赛。

PEDR O.K., if you want it that way. You finish the painting, and I''ll be happy to sign my name. I love to see an artist working. 好吧,如果是这样,你来画画,我来签名。我倒很爱看你们这些艺术家工作。

MICHAEL: Here''s the brochure. They call the contest "Young Artists'' Competition. " [Pedro reads the brochure. ]这是小册子,他们把这次比赛称作“青年艺术家绘画大赛”。[彼卓看小册子]

PEDR Money, Brazil, and Joana ! Did they design this contest especially:for you? Good luck. Are you submitting something new?金钱,巴西和乔安娜,这是他们特别为你设计的吗?你好福气,你不准备送几幅新作品吗?

MICHAEL: yes.是新的。

PEDR May I see it?让我看看好吗?

MICHAEL: Maybe I need a break. Have you had dinner yet?我现在有点累了,是不是该休息一会了?你吃饭了吗?

PEDR No.没有。

MICHAEL: I haven''t, either. Do you want to go downtown?我也没吃。你想不想进城?

PEDR I''m broke.我一分钱也没有。

MICHAL: OK. I''ll call that place around the corner and have them deliver a pizza. How''s that?没关系。我打电话要个*角落的位置,再要些意大利馅饼。你看怎么样?

PEDR Fine.好吧。