纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 44 课:You're too young, Ali. 阿里, 你太小了.

MR. NIKZAD: Ali! I'm sorry, sir. Is my son bothering you again? 阿里! 很抱歉, 先生, 我的孩子又来打扰你了吗?

BILL: Not at all. He's a fine boy. 那里, 他是个乖巧的孩子.

MRS. NIKZAD: Thank you, Mr... 谢谢你, 先生...

BILL: O'Neill. 奥尼尔.

ALI: Father, Mr. O'Neill's sons play baseball. 爸, 奥尼尔先生的孩子都打棒球.

MR. NIKZAD: That's nice, Ali. 阿里, 那很好啊!

ALI: I want to learn, too. 我也要学, ALI: But nobody wants to teach me. 但是没人教我.

MR. NIKZAD: You're too young, Ali. 阿里, 你太小了.

ALI: You always say that. I'm pretty big for my age. 你老是那麽说, 就年龄来说, 我已经很大了.

BILL: Excuse me, there's a big crowd over there. Business before pleasure. 对不起先生, 那边有一大群人, 我先去做生意了.

MR. NIKZAD: Certainly. 那当然, 当然.

ALI: Good-bye, Mr. O'Neill. 再见, 奥尼尔先生.

BILL: Bye, Ali. See you soon. 再见, 阿里, 待会见.

ALI: You know, Father, he isn't really an ice cream man. He's just pretending. He's really a secret agent. 爸, 你知道吗? 他不是真的冰淇淋小贩, 他是伪装的, 其实他是个密探.

MRS. NIKZAD: What an imagination you have, Ali! 阿里, 你真会想象!

MR. NIKZAD: More imagination than sense. 想象超过常识.

MRS. NIKZAD: Don't spoil it for him, dear. Childhood is the happiest time of life. 不要责怪他, 亲爱的, 童年是一生中最快乐的时期.