纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 57 课:I learn a little more English every day. 我每天都学到了一些英语,

: I learn a little more English every day. 我每天都学到了一些英语,

: Yesterday, I learned the word "embarrassed." 我昨天学会了 "尴尬" 这个字.

: love, Miguel 儿, 米盖尔上

: PS You asked for a photograph. Here it is. 再启: 您向我要的照片随函附上一张.

: The girl next to me is Marta. She lives upstairs. 在我旁边那个女孩子叫玛它, 她住在我的楼上.

: My father died the year I was born. 我爸爸在我出世的那年去世了,

: Life was difficult in Spain in those years. 那个年头, 在西班牙谋生很不容易.

: My mother decided to move to Mexico because people said things were easier there. And there was no reason to stay in Barcelona. 我妈妈因为听说在墨西哥生活比较容易, 所以决定搬到那边去, 而认为没有理由留在巴塞隆纳.

: It broke my mother's heart to leave, but it also broke her heart to stay. 我妈妈不舍得走, 可是又不愿留下.

: She sold her diamond ring, the only thing she had, and bought two tickets to Mexico. 她把她唯一的财产钻戒卖掉, 而买了两张到墨西哥的船票.

: There, in Mexico, I forgot yesterday's miseries. 到了墨西哥以后, 我把过去的困苦境遇都忘掉,

: After all, I was only a child. 毕竟当时我还只是个小孩子.

: But our new life was not like my mother's golden dreams. 可是我们的新生活并没有我妈妈想像的那么美.

: I grew up and had to go to work. 我长大后, 就必须去作事,

: I was very unhappy. 我非常的不快乐.