纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 70 课:What are you studying? 你念什么?

LAURA: What are you studying? 你念什么?

CLAIRE: Law. when I was a girl, I wanted to be a lawyer. And I'm going to be one. 法律,我小的时候 就想作律师, 而我即将就是了.

LAURA: I admire you. 我真佩服你, It must be difficult to work while you're going to school. 一边上班一边读书一定很辛苦.

CLAIRE: It is, but it's what I want to do. 苦虽苦, 不过那正是我希望做的.

LAURA: Good luck. Oh, I almost forgot. We publish a World's Fair newsletter. Henry Leeds is the editor. His office is across the hall. I think that's it. 祝好运. 哦, 我几乎忘记了, 我们出版一份万国博览会期刊, 编辑是里德斯. 他的办公室在走廊对面, 我想那就是.

CLAIRE: Uh - where's the ladies' room? 嗯... 女用盥洗室在哪里?

LAURA: Oh, around the corner, second door on the left. 噢, 转弯 左边第二个门.

CLAIRE: I want to thank you for all your help. 我必须谢谢你帮我这么多的忙.

LAURA: I was happy to do it. Here are the keys. After 5:00 today, it's all yours. One more thing, be on time! He gets angry when you're late. 我很高兴能够帮你忙, 钥匙给你. 今天五点后 全交给你了, 还有一件事, 要准时来! 当你迟到的时候他会生气的.

AA: What am I doing here? What's wrong with this office? Everyone's so quiet. Nobody talks, nobody smiles. 我在这里做什么? 这家公司是怎么搞的? 所有的人都那么沈默, 没有人说话, 没有人微笑.

AA: Oh well, yesterday was only the first day, and things can change. In any case, it won't last forever. 不要想了, 昨天只是第一天; 情况总可以改变. 无论如何, 这是暂时性的.

AA: All right. It's 8:30. Where is everybody? 好了, 八点半了, 人都到哪里去了?

AA: You're early, Claire. Relax. Look around. I wonder where the newsletter file is. 克蕾尔, 你来早了, 不要紧张, 熟悉环境, 我不知道那个期刊档案在哪里?

CLAIRE: -- Good morning, Mr. Crawford. 您早. -- 郭佛先生

MR.CRAWFORD: -- Good morning, Ms... Lindstrom. You're here early. Excellent. -- 早安,林斯顿小姐, 你来早了, 很好.

AA: I don't know when I'm going find the time to study. I can study during my lunch hour, I guess. 我不知道什么时候才能抽空念书. 大概可以在吃午餐的时候念书吧! 我想。