纽约英语口语网新版
密苏里英语口语
第 87 课:How long ago was that? 多久以前的事?

MIGUEL: How long ago was that? 多久以前的事?

MARTA: Oh, about a year ago, I guess. Then, as we were walking home, he mentioned he lived in the neighborhood. So I made a friend. 噢, 大概一年以前. 我想 然后 在回家的途中, 他说他就住在附近, 于是我们交了朋友,

MARTA: He gives me English lessons, too. 他还替我补习英文.

MIGUEL: But he's a painter, isn't he? 咦? 他不是一个画家吗?

MARTA: Yes, I think so. Why? 嗯, 好像是, 你为什么问这个?

MIGUEL: I'm just putting two and two together. 举一反三嘛!

MARTA: What do you mean? 什么意思?

MIGUEL: I saw a picture of Michael on Pedro's desk. 我在佩德罗的书桌上看到麦可的照片.

MARTA: Michael and Pedro! I didn't know they knew each other. 麦可和佩德罗! 他们彼此认识, 我倒还不知道.

MIGUEL: Neither did I. But apparently, they used to be best friends. 我也不知道. 不过, 很显然的, 他们一度是最好的朋友.

MARTA: Really? They don't seem to have much in common. What happened? 真的? 他们好像并没有什么共同点, 是怎么回事?

MIGUEL: To make a long story short, Michael's old girlfriend fell in love with Pedro.长话短说, 麦可以前的女朋友与佩德罗相爱了.

MARTA: Oh. That sounds like Pedro. 噢, 听起来就像是佩德罗干的.